I have been wanting to do this project for a while now I just had to figure out how I wanted the wings. Using dollar store supplies and stuff I had laying around I came up with something and I think it turned out cute.
The supplies I used:
A spindle, chicken wire from the dollar store some wire I had on hand. The wire is pretty thick because I knew I was going to wrap the wings with something.
I cut my wire to the size I wanted the wings to be. Then I cut my chicken wire to approximate size to cover the wings. I wasn’t exact I don’t want this to look perfect. I wrapped the chicken wire around the wing shape as best as I could get it.
Then I drilled my holes in the spindle where the wings were going and the little thingies, a technical term lol, at the head of the dragonfly.
I used hot glue to attach but also put in some E6000 especially since it will probably go outside.
Now cut the two smaller pieces of wire to go at the head and used the piers to curl them slightly at the the top and glue them in.
I decided to take it out in the barn and paint it all. I used an exterior white matte spray paint. I think I may add some color to it yet, but you can get the general idea. I also added a hanger on the back.
Here is a post you might like where I show some other upcycled items in my garden.
Thank you for stopping by and God Bless!