Summer season is coming and warm weather is finally arrived here in Michigan. I always love to make homemade lemonade in the Summer months. There is just nothing like it to me. I had never had this growing up I got the recipe from an older lady in our church years ago. I remember the first time I tried it I was so surprised it wasn’t as tart as the lemonade I had grown up with, you know the kind from the envelope. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I added peaches to it but you can add any fruit you like. This year I am going to try watermelon.
First you squeeze the lemon juice out of the Lemons. Set that aside.
Now start cooking your peaches with the water. After they are soft strain the juice through the strainer I also crush the fruit to get some good bits in there.
Then I add everything to the pitcher and combine with some ice.
It is so refreshing, I hope you enjoy a nice tall glass!
- 4-6 lemons fresh lemon juice Equal to one cup
- 2 C Frozen or fresh peaches
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 4 C Water
- Squeeze the lemons to make one cup of juice
- In a saucepan on the stove cook two cups of the water, sugar and vanilla extract until the peaches are soft.
- Strain the peach liquid into a bowl to transfer to your pitcher.
- Add all ingredients together in the serving pitcher and serve with ice.