This wonderful Fall evenings has had me hungry for comfort foods. That and I have been fighting off a cold. I always want mashed potatoes when I am not feeling well, that made me think of this recipe. Creamy gravy and tender steak with mushrooms, so, so good!
Brown your meat and add in mushrooms and onions. Cook until tender.
After it is all cooked it is time to make the creamy gravy or sauce. I took the steaks out and then I added two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of flour to make the slurry that thickens the gravy. Wisk until thickened and then return the steaks back to the pan.
- 1/2 large Onion Chopped or sliced
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 2-4 Cubed Steaks
- 1 Cup Beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Cook steaks in olive oil in a cast iron pan or non stick pan.
- When steaks are halfway cooked add in chopped onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until all is tender and done.
- Take out steaks and add in butter and four
- Whisk until flour is dissolved in the butter. Cook for a couple of minutes to get the flour taste out.
- Slowly whisk in the beef broth until thickened.
- Add steaks back in and cook for five more minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.