And by something I mean Caramel Apple Cheesecake bars. Need I say more? I didn’t think so. These bars are amazing and just remind me of Fall days spent at an apple orchard or picking out pumpkins.
Just look at that caramel sauce! There are a few steps to making these bars but they are so worth it. If you like caramel apples and cheesecake and a streusel topping then these are going to be your new favorite Fall treat.
Start by mixing your crust ingredients and put it in a 9″x13″ sprayed pan. While that bakes start on the cheesecake layer, the apple and streusel layers. Add the cheesecake layer carefully onto your crust while it is still warm.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- 2 C All purpose Flour
- 1/3 C Brown sugar Firmly packed
- 1 C Butter
- 2 8 oz Pkgs Cream cheese Softened
- 1/2 C and 1T Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla
- 3-4 Apples Peeled and cored
- 1 t Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground nutmeg
- 3/4 C Caramel topping Homemade or bought
- 1 C Brown sugar Firmly packed
- 1 C All purpose flour
- 1/2 C quick cooking oats
- 1/2 C Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Spray or line a 9'x13' pan and then spray.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture looks crumbly.
- Press into the bottom of your pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In another mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese, 1/2 C of sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Then the vanilla. Stir to combine.. Pour over the warm crust.
- Cut your apples into bite size pieces and combine with one T sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon over cheesecake layer.
- Combine the brown sugar, oats and butter until crumbly. Add that mixture to the top of the apple layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Drizzle caramel onto the cooled bars.
Let me know if you make these and your welcome ahead of time. That is how good they are!
Click here for a dinner idea recipe.